Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 15 of basement renos

Day 15 of basement renos (May 15):

The painting is all done!
We are nearing the home stretch and it's really all starting to come together. The contractor told us they would be finishing early. Does that even ever happen???

Our storage room door is now painted a fresh white coat of paint. Still to come- door knobs. I chose
brushed silver for all the hardware.

Our little built-in. I can't wait to do a little vignette in this area.

Our guest bedroom closet doors waiting to get installed.

The only nightmare we came across was the flooring. We originally wanted these grayish-coloured floors,
but our contractor told us that they were no longer available. We had to pay a little extra to get something
that was to our liking, so here I was debating between the gray and the white flooring option.
We eventually settled with the grayish colour on the left.

The washroom tiles are all in. I absolutely love them!

And the shower tiles are all installed.

Here's a view of the basement from the washroom. It's hard to see in this lighting, but I love
the gray walls.

Another view of the basement from the other side.

Here is the office with the french doors. It's a warmer gray colour than the main basement area.

The cold room all painted.

That's the wall where we will have our TV mounted.

The finished window in our basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment