Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 11 of basement renos

Day 11 of basement renos (May 10):

I'm getting more excited than ever. I'm seeing all the stuff my husband and I chose being delivered to our home and today they started framing the doors with moulding and putting the doors up. As I had said earlier this is our first renovation project ever so I was worried that what I chose was going to look ok.

They put the door for the storage area under the stairs. Don't worry about the colour of the door,
they will paint it white. You can see the moulding around the doorway now.

Here it is with the door closed.

And that is the built-in shelf that I was talking about earlier. They will put glass shelves so that we can
display stuff in there. We asked for 3 pieces of glass. Just to the left of that (where you see the hole
in the wall) is where we will put wall sconces. My husband felt that this area was too dim because we
don't have pot lights above (that is because that is where the duct vents are) so he asked the electrician
to put an outlet (one on each side of the wall) for where the sconces would go.

The main basement area.

Entrance into the office.

The french doors are in! They will be taking the protective film off once the basement is near completion.

View of the basement from the office.


Another view of the basement.

The original door to the cold room is now in. They will paint this door white.

No comments:

Post a Comment