s promised, I'm going to share with you guys my basement reno. I've been trying to take photos every day so that you can see the progress. Actually the contractors are supposed to finish tomorrow, but my house is still a mess. I can't wait until everything is finished! We officially started our renos on April 30 and they were slated to finish on May 23, but it looks like they will finish early :-)Day before renovation (April 29):
| Doorway into our basement. |
| You can see the exposed stairs leading up to our 2nd floor in the basement |
| The stairway leading to the unfinished basement. |
| The basement stairway leading up to our main floor. |
| This is our unfinished basement. |
| Another view. |
| The door on the far end is our cold room. |
| My husband wanted to make the space under the stairs a storage space. |
| This is our cold room. |
Day 1 of renovation (April 30):
| We wanted to put sub floors down before the laminate so most of day 1 was laying down the sub floor over the concrete. That was a big chunk of our basement reno budget, but totally worth it. |
| And so it begins… |
| Look how messy it is! |
| The cold room door was taken down to put the sub floor down. |
| We are putting a bathroom in the basement and this is the floor we chose. It's a 12" x 24" white, porcelain tile with a textured finish. |
| Here are the other samples. |
| We had a choice between 24" x 24" tiles and 12" x 24" tiles and I opted for the latter because I hate the look of totally square tiles on the floor. |
| For the vanity countertop in the washroom I chose a white marble with subtle gray striations. It's hard to see the striations in this photo. |
| Some of the other colours that he had. |
| I chose this door style for the vanity door (shown in white) and for the actual colour I chose this dark chocoate brown. |
| Close up of the vanity door colour. |
| The middle tile (gray with dots) are our shower floor tiles. They are 2" x 2". |
| Our contractor recommended we go for 2" x 2" instead of 1" x 1" which it also came in. He said it would look better. |
| This is our basement laminate floor. It's a grayish colour and I love it! |
| We were debating between this gray and a white (seen below the gray one). |
| Here is the white floor. It would match the stairs, but it didn't pop enough against the wall colours that we chose so we opted for the gray colour. |
| We got to choose all Benjamin Moore paint colours. Woohoo! |
| I chose Smoky Green CC-700 for our guest bedroom. It's a very popular colour amongst designers because it tends to look like a Robin's Egg colour in certain lighting. |
| I chose Calm OC-22 for the bathroom colour. It complemented all the colours I chose for the washroom. |
That is all for day 1 of the renos.


No comments:
Post a Comment