o you want soft, kissable lips? Who doesn't?!I've experienced dry, flaky lips for as long as I can remember. That's why I stayed away from wearing lipsticks (let alone matte lipsticks!) for a long time. I always wore tinted lip balms and lip gloss because that was the only way I could wear coloured lip products. Now, I figured out a way to wear lipsticks (even matte lipsticks!) and it doesn't require me buying anything to achieve the perfect canvas for lipsticks. Here's what you need:
- honey (I'm guessing everyone already has this in their house so that's why I'm saying it's free)
- vaseline (ditto as above)
- a small mixing bowl and a spoon (for mixing)
- a disposable spoolie (I get mine at Sephora or MAC)
- a package of raw sugar (I get mine at Starbucks. You need the coarse variety of sugar that's why I get the raw sugar kind)
I mix about a tablespoon of honey (you don't need to be precise. I usually just eye ball it), a small dollop of vaseline, and a whole packet of raw sugar in the mixing bowl. Mix it until it gets to be about a consistency as above. Then I take a small amount and spread it over my lips. I let it sit for a few seconds. Then I take my spoolie and brush it back and forth over my lips. I know other people have used a toothbrush, but I find the spoolie is much more gentle. I make sure I get a good scrubbing. Then I wipe it off with water and a wash cloth. That's it! Afterwards my lips are so soft and smooth. I can even wear red lipsticks afterwards. I never thought I could... I mean, who wants to wear red lipstick with dry, flaky lips? Here's a twit pic that I posted not too long ago of me trying out red lipstick.



No comments:
Post a Comment