AC's Wonder Woman Collection dropped today and I put a reminder in my calendar to go check it out at lunch time. I've been checking out all the beauty blogs prior to this to see how each items rated and I was most curious to check out the blusher, Mighty Aphrodite. It's already sold out on the MAC website and I can see why. It's a great blush! I was also interested in the lipstick Marquise d' and the lipglass Emancipation, but then when I swatched it the lipstick was a lot sheerer than I thought. Plus, I have so many colours similar to that in my collection. I'm still debating whether to go back and get it. We shall see! As for the lipglass I thought the colour Emancipation was nice, but I hated the toy-like quality of the lipglass. If you have seen the lipglass in person then you will understand why. It's humungous- almost double the size of a regular lipglass and the wand was really hard to pull out. Temptalia was saying how because the wand was getting caught in the tube she had to yank it out and then the lip product splattered all over her. Of course I had to see it for myself and she was right! The last item that I was curious about was the Mineralize Skin Finish in Pink Power. However, the top and bottom colour came out pretty sheer on my hand when I swatched it and I'm not much of a bronzer person. So I ended up just getting 1 thing from the collection.
Here's the box that my blusher came in. I think it's cute, but I know some people will think it looks tacky... I never watched Wonder Woman growing up so I didn't buy it for the sake of being nostalgic.
The inside of the box has a star pattern.
Here is the blusher. It's made of plastic and is very retro looking. I don't mind it. Looks more like a toy than makeup. I think those of you who love Chanel, Guerlain, and Dior will probably not like the look of this.
The rim on the inside of the compact is gold. The blusher has 2 shades. The larger (top) colour is a pink, coral colour with gold shimmer. I've heard it is very similar to NARS' Deep Throat. I have NARS' Deep Throat and I don't particularly like that blush. I find it's a little too shimmery and peachy for my skin tone. But this one is more on the pinkish side. The smaller (bottom) colour is a more vibrant pink than the other one. It has a bit of shimmer on the compact, but when swatched it's not as apparent as the top colour. Both these colours have a little bit of duo tone to them. They feel silky smooth to the touch.
Here is the back of the compact. It is 0.38 oz. The MAC website says these blushes are 0.43 oz... Not sure what happened there. Did I get ripped of?!
Anyways, regular MAC blushers are 0.21 oz so you are getting more for this, but you are also paying more. I paid $29CAD for this blush.
Here's a swatch on my finger.
Here is a swatch on the back of my hand. It's a lot sheerer than on my fingers.


No comments:
Post a Comment