'm not a snob when it comes to makeup. I love drugstore makeup. Actually, I find that as I get older I tend to buy more cheap-y makeup. I'm not sure why that is... When I was in my early 20s I used to splurge on Chanel cosmetics and Dior. I guess back then I thought that by buying high end makeup I was becoming more of a woman. However, now I just buy what draws me in. I was at Walmart today doing some grocery shopping and I passed by these new lipsticks from Cover Girl- the Lip Perfection Lipstick. I saw a few reviews on them and I decided to check it out. I purchased 2 lipsticks. I really wanted this fuscia, red colour called Flame, but they didn't have any in stock. I don't normally wear bright red lipsticks (actually I never do), but I have so many nudes and pinks that I wanted to try something different. I ended up getting 390 Sweetheart and 370 Verve.
What drew me in was the awesome packaging. Cover Girl cosmetics normally look like it's targeting a really young market, but these lipsticks are so high-end looking.
The colour of the lipticks are at the bottom of the tube .
I was a little worried about this colour (Sweetheart) because I didn't see a tester for it. However, I decided to get it anyway.
I was more excited about this colour (Verve) because it had a bit of purple in the pink. I don't think I have anything like it in my collection.
The inside of the tube is really cool because it has this hot pink, shiny reflector on the inside.
The colour from this shot is not showing the true colour of the lipstick shade, but I wanted to show it to you with the lipstick open. This one is Sweetheart.
This one is Verve.
Here are the 2 shades side-by-side. The left one is Sweetheart and the right one is Verve.
The formulation is super creamy and the smell of it is really nice. I have a horrible sense of smell so I can't tell you what it smells like, but I really like the scent. As for the 2 shades that I got I was a little disappointed. The reason being that it has a slight frost finish. I know when I swatched Flame in the store that one was more of a satin finish. However, when I put these 2 on it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. When I topped it with a gloss it really toned down the frost. Plus, you should note that these lipsticks (or at least the ones I swatched) left a slight stain on my hands. I'm assuming they will do the same for your lips. I still think these lipsticks are worth checking out. I got mine for just under $9 at Walmart. I would love to check out other colours- especially the darker shades.


No comments:
Post a Comment