good friend of mine is expecting her first baby in August. She's had a rough time getting pregnant because she suffers from endometriosis. She's been married the same time as I have (I got married in October 2006), but it's taken her 3 years to finally get pregnant. It's only through the grace of God that she got pregnant because it's really difficult with people with endometriosis to get pregnant. I was ecstatic when she told me the good news in January so I wanted to throw her a baby shower. I met with her yesterday to go through some baby shower planning and I quickly rushed over to Michaels to pick up some craft stuff. If you know me, when I get inspired to do something I have to work on it right away. I guess I was in a crafty mood last night because I made the banners for her baby shower. She wanted to do a few banners to put up at different stations at her baby shower- a 'baby shower' banner at the entrance way when people come in, a 'dessert' banner for the dessert station, a 'gifts' banner for the station where we will be putting the favours for the guests, and a 'games' banner for the station where we will have a 'guess the baby weight, height, due date, etc.' and other games.Basically I cut the different coloured, patterned paper into 4" squares and rotated between different colours and patterns. I punched out coloured contruction paper with a circle punch and stuck white, foam letters that I got at the dollar store. I'm going to be punching holes on the sides of the squares to loop a string through to hang it up on the walls. I really do hope she likes it.


so cute!
ReplyDelete