Monday, March 29, 2010

Date night



Guess what's happening tomorrow? It's going to be date night with dk! I know some of you who are reading this are thinking, 'what's so special about date night with your husband???' Well, to start off, it means a whole lot since I've been stuck mainly indoors for almost a year. My husband takes the car to the train station every morning and since we only have 1 car I'm stuck in the house all-day long. That's ok with me as my day is usually filled with taking care of our son, but I miss dressing up and being around people. People my age, that is. I do go out during the weekends, but it's mostly to run errands and I almost always have my son with me. I miss dressing up and doing non-baby things.

So what are we doing for date night, you ask? We will be checking out a restaurant called Splendido. Both my husband and I are total foodies and we used to check out different restaurants around the city before we had our son. When my son was still little we were able to still have date night, but now that he is so active and very talkative it's harder to bring him to fancier places. Plus, most of the fancier places don't have change tables in the washrooms. That's the first things I check for when I go to a restaurant. I think that's why if we do go out with baby A we have to go to more family-friendly restos.

Although Splendido has a new chef (it used to be David Lee), I'm still quite excited. I'll be dropping baby A off with my sister at my parent's house and they'll babysit until we are done.

Image from foodpr0n.com

No comments:

Post a Comment