lthough having my son was one of the best things that happened to me, it has literally changed my life. Before having him I had the freedom to do anything that I wanted. I never knew how drastically my life would change after I had him. That's why I tell my sisters and my friends to enjoy their life to the fullest before they have kids. I know some people rush to have kids without realizing how much work it involves. I waited 3 years to have my baby after I got married. Although my in-laws were pressuring me to have kids right away I knew that I wanted to be ready and to have enjoyed my life with my husband before I took the leap. I still think we could have travelled more and done more things together because once a little one enters your life that is it. No more freedom to just up and go. Well, maybe you can if you are the more adventurous type... Anyways, there's nothing wrong with waiting. I hate it when people used to ask me after I got married, 'When are you going to have kids?' First of all, it's none of their business and second of all, what's wrong with waiting until you feel you are ready? Instead of just having kids because you feel like it's the next step to take? Enough ranting. I think I need sleep.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Enjoy it while you can
lthough having my son was one of the best things that happened to me, it has literally changed my life. Before having him I had the freedom to do anything that I wanted. I never knew how drastically my life would change after I had him. That's why I tell my sisters and my friends to enjoy their life to the fullest before they have kids. I know some people rush to have kids without realizing how much work it involves. I waited 3 years to have my baby after I got married. Although my in-laws were pressuring me to have kids right away I knew that I wanted to be ready and to have enjoyed my life with my husband before I took the leap. I still think we could have travelled more and done more things together because once a little one enters your life that is it. No more freedom to just up and go. Well, maybe you can if you are the more adventurous type... Anyways, there's nothing wrong with waiting. I hate it when people used to ask me after I got married, 'When are you going to have kids?' First of all, it's none of their business and second of all, what's wrong with waiting until you feel you are ready? Instead of just having kids because you feel like it's the next step to take? Enough ranting. I think I need sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment