Monday, January 03, 2011

Current obsession

My husband has been noticing that I've been changing nail colours almost every single day. The other day I was showing him my nails that were painted in China Glaze's For Audrey and this is how our conversation went:

Me: "Does this colour remind you of anything?
Hubby: "Ummmmm..."
Me: "You've bought me something from this store in the past."
Hubby: "Ummmmm..."
Me: "It's a jewelry store..."
Hubby: "I don't know."
Me: "It's the same colour as the Tiffany's box!"

Hubby: "So?"
He honestly couldn't have cared less. I wanted to share with someone my excitement, but I guess I went to the wrong person. I know my co-worker would have been excited to hear about this. I got her to get Chanel's Paradoxal nail polish and she's been wearing it quite a lot. Her go-to nail polish, however, is OPI's Bubble Bath. It's the most beautiful pink nail colour. It looks amazing on her.

Well, in my last nail polish post I talked about wanting to get China Glaze's Secret Peri-Wink-Le and Re-Fresh Mint. I was looking for it all weekend, but I had no luck. Today (my first day back at work in 2 weeks!) I went out during my lunch break to try again. I was able to find Secret Peri-Wink-Le, but I couldn't find Re-Fresh Mint. Sigh. Whenever I can't find something that I want I always end up buying something else to fulfill that need. So here's what I got today:

Here's the 4 colours I picked up today. Sorry about the bad lighting. It's dark when I get home from work...



This is China Glaze's Secret Peri-Wink-Le. It's the perfect muted blue. After trying For Audrey I'm loving the creamy texture of this polish.



OPI's Ali's Big Break. This is from Burlesque's Collection. The other colours were beautiful too, but I loved how this was a lipstick red with fine shimmers. Can't wait to try this one.



OPI's What's With the Cattitude? I've been eyeing this colour too for a while. I don't have a colour like this in my collection and it would be a perfect spring shade.



OPI's You Don't Know Jacques. This is the infamous colour that's been talked about a lot. Can't wait to try this one as well.



At the moment I am wearing Lancome's Le Vernis in Metropolitan Beige from the French Coquettes Collection. This photo was taken from my iPhone so it doesn't do it justice. It's a BEAUTIFUL colour. It's a nude, peachy pink with fine gold shimmers. I cannot stop looking at my nails. It makes me look so chic and polished.

So I'm still on the look-out for China Glaze's Re-Fresh Mint... I went to a different Sally's Beauty Supply and I bought Re-Fresh Mint. However, the texture of it isn't the same as For Audrey or Secret Peri-Wink-Le. Maybe I got a bad one? It went on really thick and streaky. Not sure if I love it...

No comments:

Post a Comment