Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring pop


Spring is finally here! It's just starting to warm up where I am, but not nearly fast enough. I still see snow in some areas of the city :-/
Today was the first day that I was able to open up the windows in my house to let some air in. It felt so nice! It's been so drab and cold this Winter that I needed to get my Spring/Summer fix by running out getting the new-ish Maybelline ColorSensational Vivid lipsticks. They are super bright and the colours are just amazing- perfect for Spring. I picked these up at Walmart last week and although they were listed for just over $7CAD, I got them for a little over $5CAD each. They must have been on sale. I'm not sure if they are still on sale as I visited a Walmart a few days ago and they didn't have a special price on it. I still think they are worth it as they are super pigmented and the formulation is great.

The 3 colours that I got were #865 Fuchsia Flash, #870 Shocking Coral and #900 Hot Plum.
I actually saw Bella's review on them here and fell in love how these lippies looked on her.

Here is Fuchsia Flash.
As soon as I saw it it reminded me of MAC's Candy Yum Yum. 

Here they are side-by-side. Pretty similar, no?

Left is Maybelline's Fuchsia Flash and right is MAC's Candy Yum Yum.
I would say the formulation of the Maybelline one is a little more glossy while Candy Yum Yum
is a matte.

This is Shocking Coral.
When I first saw the colour I thought it looked similar to MAC's Archie's Girls Collection
lipstick in Betty Bright.

Here they are side-by-side. When I saw them side-by-side they didn't look that similar…

The 3rd swatch is Shocking Coral. I wanted to swatch Betty Bright, but I actually haven't
even used it yet. I'm debating whether to sell it or not. I feel like I just bought Betty Bright
just because of the packaging. I'm weird like that…

Lastly, this is Hot Plum.
This was Bella's favourite out of the ones she got so I knew I had to pick this up.
It, again, reminded me vaguely of another MAC's Archie's Girls Collection lipstick in
Daddy's Little Girl.

Here they are side-by-side.
I would say Hot Plum leans a little more on the magenta side.

Here is Hot Plum swatched (far right).
I took these all in daylight with no flash.

1 comment:

  1. OHHHHHHHHH love!! ::clap clap:: these are sooo pretty!!! and you're sooo not weird.. i buy cosmetics for packaging ALL the time!! whenever i go to asia i always bring back a TON of things mostly because of the FREAKIN' ADORABLE packaging!!! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete