Monday, March 04, 2013

Manicure Monday- peachy pink edition

As I'm writing this I'm feeling extremely congested and dizzy. It looks like I've come down with a cold yet again. For a girl that never gets sick I'm surprised how this winter has affected me health-wise. I've had 3 colds so far and they were just awful! The last cold I had, I was sick for almost 3 weeks! This time around I feel like there is a huge lump in my throat and I'm having a hard time swallowing because my throat is so swollen. My nose has been running all day and I wake up with my eyes sealed shut with eye crusties. I know it sounds gross, but I've never experienced this before. Even though I was feeling like crap I wanted to paint my nails to make myself feel a bit better.

All the nails except the ring finger is Essie's Van D'Go. 

The accent nail (the ring finger) is Sephora by OPI's Traffic Stopper Copper. I talked
about this in my last beauty haul.

Although the colour of this Essie polish is quite beautiful- a peachy pink, it is extremely
hard to apply. I find the formulation thick and streaky. I used 3 coats to get this opaqueness.

In hindsight I should have applied Essie's Van D'Go as a base before applying the Sephora
by OPI polish on the ring finger. I had to apply several coats of the Sephora OPI to get
the glitter to show. Because this polish is more of a top coat and the rose gold glitter
is on a clear base it's not really meant to be worn on its own. However, I LOVE this
polish. It's so beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. oh I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! This Winter has killed me in the germ department too! at least you have gorgeous nails to look at :-) the color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete