Friday, March 15, 2013

Another Emmie

Above photo courtesy of Ell and Emm
This post is long overdue, but I wanted to post this after I received my replacement order. After I ordered my first Ell and Emm piece- the Emmie necklace in Tri Color, I didn't think I would be ordering anymore. Although very unique and nice, I thought it was a bit expensive for what it was. Then, Jenn (owner of Ell and Emm) posted this photo (shown above) on her Instagram and I was intrigued. I desperately wanted it. It was $2 more than my previous Emmie at $45.50USD + $5.99 shipping to Canada, but I pre-ordered it anyway. I pre-ordered it on January 25 and it was shipped on February 7. Shipping was pretty quick- I got it on February 12. However, upon close inspection I realized that 3 of the pink stones had chips on the corners. I was very disappointed as I was hoping to wear this on Valentine's Day. I really thought hard about whether to just keep it or return it (I normally don't like doing returns), but I thought the flaws were too big to ignore. I ended up returning it and Jenn sent me another necklace. I finally got a new one this Tuesday and it's perfect. Thank goodness!

This was the initial necklace I got.
I loved it upon first seeing it. 

The colour combination is to die for!

However, upon close inspection you can see that there is chipping on the corners.

Look how pretty it is on!
I had to pay for the return shipping and Jenn reimbursed me for it pretty quickly, but it was for the shipping cost that she had listed on her Etsy site for $5.99. When I mailed it back it cost me $7.90 so I had to pay a bit out of pocket. That was a bit annoying, but I'm happy to say that Jenn was really nice about the whole thing and the replacement piece was in perfect condition. She even stuck a 'Fragile, handle with care' sticker on the new package. Jenn has recently opened an online store so you can check it out here. I'm eyeing the Ellie Ombre Necklace…

2 comments:

  1. ahhh i'm so sorry you had to go through all that hassle but i must say that necklace is GORGEOUS on you!! i mean seriously stunning on your neckline!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklace is so pretty and was totally worth the hassle. (:

    ReplyDelete