
y iPhone is a lifesaver when I got out with my preschooler.
He tends to get restless when we go out to restaurants so having my smart phone with me and being able to access children's shows (via YouTube) is great. I really don't know how our parent's generation survived without smart phones! I guess they either didn't eat out or had to deal with cranky kids in public :-S
Well, I've been looking for a stand for my iPhone ever since I started showing videos to my son. I would use the condiment stand to prop my phone up or even my water cup. It was pretty annoying. I saw an iPhone stand last time I was at
Indigo, but I didn't get it. It was in the shape of a mini toilet plunger and so cute. I kept on thinking about it so I went back today to pick it up. Of course while I was there I couldn't help but to look around… and that never ends well…
 |
| Here's the Homade Sucker Stand. It was $6. |
 |
Unfortunately unlike the picture here I can only use this when the iPhone is up
horizontally. It doesn't really work when it's vertically propped up. It's ok though.
Most videos are formatted for a horizontal screen so I don't really mind. |
 |
| The other side of the box. |
 |
| Here is my phone propped up. |
 |
I also picked up a lovely crackled vase while I was there. I couldn't pass on it.
It wasn't on sale, but it was still affordable at $15 a pop. |
 |
Here is the price tag. I chose the vase with the least amount of crackle as some other
vases were very crackled. I have an idea on where to put this vase as you will see
later on in this post. |
 |
I seem to have a weird infatuation with owls. I picked up this owl pencil holder for 50%
off. I plan on putting this in my husband's office. |
 |
| The regular price was $24.50, but I got it for 50% off. |
 |
For the pencil cup I picked up a pack of Kikkerland pens. Call me a stickler, but I won't
use things unless they look good. My husband was going to get random pens to put
in his pencil cup, but I wouldn't let him. I told him I would go out and get pens for him
that were to my liking. |
 |
| They were $7. I love Kikkerland products because they are all so well-designed. |
 |
| Here are the pens in the pencil cup. |
 |
| Another view. |
 |
So back to the vase… I still have to pick up fresh flowers to put in this vase, but I
bought this to put in my spare bedroom in the basement. We didn't have anything
on the night table beside the bed so I stacked a few books and put the vase on top.
I then put a pretty candle in front of the books. I believe the candle is also from Indigo.
God, I love that place… |
 |
| Here's a close-up. |
 |
| What flower do you think will look good in the vase? I'm thinking peonies or hydrangeas? |
 |
And here it is from afar.
I still have so much to do for this room- hang some art up, maybe get a headboard and
put a vanity or dresser on the opposite wall of the bed, but that will come later. |
 |
Another view.
I didn't put a table lamp on the night table because I have a floor lamp on the other
side. The floor lamp was something I had in another room, but wasn't being used
so that's why I moved it here. However, I'm not sure if I love it there… |
 |
I moved the pencil cup to my husband's office. I still have to get a mouse pad for him.
I can't seem to find anything I like so far. I also want to get him some knick knacks to put
on his desk. BTW, my husband just ordered a laptop so when it comes I will style it
on the desk :-) |
 |
| Here's a close-up. |
that plunger iphone stand cracks me up! so funny!
ReplyDeletei'm in the midst of giving my bedroom a makeover as well!
modern.girl