Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Emmie necklace


My Emmie necklace came in the mail today. I ordered it on December 15 and it was shipped out on December 18. I think because of the holiday schedule it got to me later than it would have.
So for those of you who are considering purchasing this necklace from Jenn's Etsy store here are my initial thoughts. She will be restocking on January 7, but if you follow her on Instagram- @jenn5716 she posts what pieces she will be listing. You have to act fast if you want to get anything from her because she sells out fast!

Inside the box (shown at the top of this post in white) included a card and a business-
sized card.

The back of the card had this sweet note from Jenn.

This was on the back of her business-size card. It's basically a care card on how you
should take care of your necklace.

And here she is- the Emmie necklace in Tri Color. She makes them in lots of different
colours.


The necklace is tied with a black ribbon. The necklace also came with a velvet
drawstring pouch to store the necklace in.

Here's a close-up. I think she colours the stones with nailpolish? I'm not sure.
But you can definitely tell when you inspect them closely that the coloured stones are
painted.

Here's a quick photo that I took of myself wearing the necklace. I know it's winter, but
I thought the necklace would look great with my green silk tank. The green colour picks
up on the green of the necklace.

I also tried it on with my heart J Crew sweater. I like how it overlaps the collar on
this sweater.

Another shot taken with my SLR camera.

So I really do like this necklace and I plan on wearing it with casual outfits, but it can definitely be dressed up. I just think it looks better with a plainer outfit. The only thing that I didn't like is the weight of this necklace. It's not very heavy and the quality of the stones look like something you can buy at a H&M or Forever 21. I'm not saying it should be a super heavy necklace, but it didn't feel expensive… It was close to $50CAD so I would have expected the materials to be a bit better. HOWEVER, that being said, I think it's totally unique and I love how it looks like with something I pulled quickly from my closet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi doll! First of all, thanks so much for following my blog!

    I'm remember seeing your Emmie photo on Instagram so it's fun to see that you also have a blog!

    I *adore* your necklace paired with the heart JCREW sweater - so cute! I agree that it's a very unique piece.

    I have the Emmie necklace too in Aubergine and I agree with your last comment as well. Just wish it was slightly heavier. Nonetheless - still very pretty.

    Look forward to reading more of your posts soon! xx

    exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blow somehow... and I really like the way you've styled your home! That nightstand table in your other post.. is it from Ikea?

    I also like your JCREW sweater. It reminds me of a wildfox one but much cuter :D Did you purchase it online? I've been wanting a heart sweater for a long time now.

    Thanks for your time!
    - Melissa <3

    http://fashionablybrokeass.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete