Monday, January 21, 2013

Ma jolie petite soeur

My baby sister turned 28 today. I can't believe she's in her late 20s! I still feel young at heart so it shocks me sometimes how fast time flies. Do you guys feel that way too?
We celebrated her birthday yesterday with family, but I thought I would show you what I got for her. Her style is very different from me. She's really into preppy clothes and her favourite stores are American Eagle, J Crew and Anthropologie. I like those stores too, but I also like edgy pieces.

I got her a J Crew striped cardigan and a pair of TOMS. Considering how much she loves
comfy shoes I'm surprised she doesn't own TOMS yet. I own a pair of purple ones
and they are my most comfortable shoes in my closet.

It's hard to tell in this photo, but the shoes have gold and magenta threading throughout.

This cardigan is soooooo soft. I wish I got one for myself…

Now, I looooooove to wrap gifts. I think showing care in how you wrap gifts is a reflection
of yourself. I love getting beautifully wrapped gifts so I make sure to take the time
to wrap gifts as nicely as possible. This boggles my husband (and I'm sure a lot of
people) because people throw out wrapping paper once they open their gifts, but I don't care.

I threaded bakers twine through 2 buttons and used a glue gun to glue the buttons down.
I love wrapping gifts in Kraft paper because it just looks classy.

I always use my glue gun to glue the sides because I noticed tape doesn't adhere to
Kraft paper well. Then I finish off the sides with pretty Washi tape.

2 comments: