Thursday, July 07, 2011

Semi-Precious


MAC needs to stop coming out with limited edition products. I'm a HUGE sucker for them.
Even after my ginormous haul at my work's beauty sale I still couldn't resist getting some makeup from MAC's Semi Precious Collection. I wanted absolutely everything. I know Christine from Temptalia wasn't that impressed with this collection, but I quite liked everything. Mind you, I still have to try it out for myself... I'll do that tomorrow.
I picked up 3 things. I could have picked up more, but I couldn't do it. However, I REALLY want to check out the blush from this collection as well as a few lipsticks and lip glosses. Yikes!

I picked up 3 eye shadows. Aren't they just gorgeous?


I got Faux Gold (A mix of coral, gold, bronze. When mixed looks like a gold-ish copper colour; Unsurpassable (A mix of green, teal, silver, copper, purple. When mixed looks like a silvery green; and Clarity (A mix of light pink, white, gray, gold, blue, and black. When mixed looks like a charcoal gray with green shimmer).


Here they are in the pan.


I did a quick swatch on my hand. I didn't use a primer. Clarity and Unsurpassable goes on a little sheer and there's a lot of glitter particles. Also, I can see it having a huge fall-out problem when I apply it on my lid. HOWEVER, I want to use these 2 colours as my inner 1/3 colour so I didn't want it to be super pigmented. One of my all-time favourite inner 1/3 colour is NARS' Nouveau Monde Duo eyeshadow palette (from the 2011 Spring Collection). More specifically, the silver-y purple side of the duo. Clarity and Unsurpassable reminded me of that type of colour. That's why I got it.
Faux Gold is super smooth in texture and is probably the most pigmented out of the 3. I loved this colour because I saw the model wearing this on the promo. I can't wait to try this one.


I tried it wet very quickly. You can see it on the top swatch. You can see it's a little more pigmented. I did try a swatch of it over my MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot and the colour was much more vibrant. I definitely recommend using a base of some sort to make the eye shadows stand out. I would also pat the colour on the lid instead of dragging your brush back-and-forth to prevent huge fall-out.

I think I'm going to go back tomorrow and check out the Golden Gaze and the Rose Quartz MSF. I would also like to try Pure Magnificence Cremesheen Glass and Gem of Pink lipstick.

On another note, I tweeted last week that I got a whole bunch of stuff at my work's beauty sale. I brought home the stuff in batches because I got so much stuff. I just wanted to give you a sneak peek at what I got. This is minus the Keurig coffee maker that I also got for $35! Regular was over $150!

Excuse my gross-looking bathroom floor. I don't know why it looks like that on camera. It's actually pretty clean.

I'm too tired to post what I got at the beauty sale, but I took some pictures of some of my favourite things that I got. I will try to post it tomorrow or in the next few days. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment