y sister's baby shower is in a week and I've been slowly finishing items on my to-list for her shower.One of the things I'm in charge of is the decor. I wanted to make her a banner for her shower that she can keep for her future daughter's nursery. Instead of the usual 'Baby Shower' banner I decided to make one that has her daughter's name instead. The colour theme I chose for her shower was yellow, pink, and orange. I think they are pretty combinations. Not too overly pink and yet still feminine.
I printed out the letters from my printer and cut them out with my circle cutter. I then pasted them on pretty cardstock paper that I bought at Michael's and weaved a yellow, grosgrain ribbon through it. I still have to finish off the ends of the ribbon by sewing it so that it doesn't start fraying, but I'm going to do that closer to the shower date.

Here it is hung on my wall.
Here is a close-up. You can see the detail of the banner better.
After making this it made me realize how much I want a daughter.
I'll post pictures of other stuff from her shower later on. I'm making a really cute favour piece for everyone ;-)


The banner is really cute. You're really creative.
ReplyDelete