Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New shadow box & hair pins

Yesterday I went to the mall with baby K (my newborn 2nd child for those of you who didn't know. She was born on July 21) because I needed to get out of the house. I've been cooped up inside because a) the weather's been crappy lately and b) I've been so tired during the day because baby K is a night owl! I wanted to check out Indigo because it's one of my favourite places to get home décor stuff for a reasonable price. Plus, one of my favourite bloggers lately- Stephanie Sterjovski had a shadow box that I've been going gaga over. She had used it to store her jewelry and I just loved the look of it. She mentioned that you could get similar ones at Indigo and West Elm. I checked out Indigo's website and I noticed they had them. They didn't look exactly like hers, but I needed to have it. I got the more rectangular-shaped one for $39.50CAD. I then stopped by J Crew and saw these cute hair pins on sale for $3.99. I thought it would look so good inside the shadow box so I picked up 2. As soon as I got home I displayed my new Oia Jules bracelets that I got from a previous haul and I also put my June/July/August ring in there. The box is now sitting in one of my bookshelf compartments in my office and I just love it!

Close-up of the hair pins.

Stephanie is holding an Oia Jules giveaway right now so go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment