Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Retail therapy

I'm taking the rest of this week off from work so I decided to do a little shopping.
I only really shop during my lunch hour so it was a nice treat going to the mall and spending the afternoon there. I wanted to treat myself for working so hard. I literally was staying late at work for 2 weeks straight.
I checked out many stores and even ventured to the new Topshop store, but didn't end up purchasing anything there. I felt it was overpriced for the quality of the clothing. I did like their cosmetics and am regretting not getting anything. I was really interested in the lipsticks in On The Town (pale lavender) and Innocent (mauve-y pink). I also wanted the blushers. I loved how silky smooth they were. I loved the blush in Pop (neon coral) and Powdered (neon pink). The bronzer in Holidaze was quite nice too. All the makeup items are quite affordable and the packaging was so nice. It didn't feel cheap. I might have to go back and pick them up…
Here's what I did get:

I'm still unsure about this purchase. I'll tell you why at the end.


I never heard of this line prior to today. It's called Modern Vintage.

Isn't the box nice? It made of a really sturdy material.

This was the last in a size 6. 

And here it is. It looks dirty here, but it's my lighting. It's made of suede.

I love the stacked heel. I find them so much more comfortable to wear. The boots are super comfortable.
The only downside is that I may have bought a size too small. I think a 6.5 would have been perfect.
This also came in a beige, which I liked even better, but they didn't have it in my size.

And here is the sole. I'm still unsure about this purchase. I saw a couple of Rebecca Minkoff bags that
were on sale and I am debating whether to go back to exchange it for that. I mean, I literally
destroy my shoes. That's why I can't justify buying expensive shoes. Plus, the winters here are brutal
and I can just imagine the salt destroying these shoes… What should I do??? Should I return them?

Next is Sephora.

I finally gave in and got the Clarisonic Mia. My skin has been so awful lately. I think it's mainly due
to stress at work. I've been getting major acne on my chin area and nothing's worked.
I'm hoping this will clear out my clogged pores. I also got some samples of acne spot treatments
at Sephora as well as a cleanser.

I got the pink one because that's the only one they had. I hate how the Canadian Sephora's don't have the
same stock as our American counterparts. The good news is that I got this for $119. It is originally $139CAD, but I saw a stack of these in a section where they tagged it at $119 so they gave it to me for that price! Isn't that sweet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment