Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dr. Jart BB Cream and my foundation journey



And this is what my face looks like with Dr. Jart's Silver Label BB Cream. All I did was dot a tiny amount of BB cream all over my face and blended it out with my hands. I dotted more in areas where I needed more coverage. Lately I'm suffering from major acne (I don't know why!) so you can see how well this BB Cream does in covering imperfections. I thought it was going to be too light on my face, but it wasn't that bad. Plus, I set the BB Cream with MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Natural Plus. All in all, I'm really liking this. I have combination skin and my T-Zone gets really oily, but it's doing pretty well so far!

My holy grail foundation is Revlon's ColorStay Foundation in Fresh Beige (for winter) and Medium Beige (for summer). The colour Fresh Beige is supposed to be darker than Medium Beige, but for some reason it looks lighter on my skin. Weird. I use the Combination/Oily Skin formula. I have tried many foundations and none can compare to the staying power of this foundation. I work really long hours and this foundation stays put without feeling oily. Well, it does get a little oily when I work 12 hour days... I was recently given Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua to try from my co-worker because she's a Chanel addict, but I found that it's just okay. It feels really nice on my skin after applying it, but I find that it doesn't 'stick' to my face. It feels like it's just sitting on top of my skin. That's why I feel very oily when wearing this foundation. It's weird because it's supposed to do the complete opposite. It's a water-based foundation so it's supposed to feel really light and non-greasy on your face. Oh well. Plus, the coverage is very sheer and I tend to like foundations with a better coverage. Then, I tried Guerlain's Parure Gold foundation (I also have the Lingerie de Peau one). The coverage is good, but I think the colour I got is too dark on my winter skin. Plus, it looks REALLY dewy. I tend to like more matte foundations. I have so much more in my makeup collection (the new Lancome foundation- Teint Miracle, DiorSkin Nude cream foundation, Dior Capture Totale Foundation, another DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup liquid foundation, but I don't want to try it until I've gone through the ones I've opened so far. I have tried samples of NARS Sheer Glow foundation, but I'm having a hard time finding my shade. I've tried Ceylan (too light and yellow) and Barcelona (too dark). I can't remember if I tried Punjab...
I liked Makeup Forever's HD foundation, but again, I'm not sure if I should be changing foundations if I already like the Revlon one... Can somebody explain that to me? Why am I always on the search for a better foundation when the one I use works??? And it's cheap?!

No comments:

Post a Comment