Friday, October 29, 2010

I love...



I'm currently going through a nail polish phase. I normally don't spend money on nail polishes, but when I heard about Chanel's Le Vernis Nail Colour in 509 Paradoxal I knew I had to have it. It was quite a quest to get it because when I went to the Chanel counter at Holts they were all sold out and I had to put my name on a waiting list. I didn't have the patience to wait (the list was 2 pages long!) so I went to a Chanel store nearby and luckily they had it in the makeup counter. I guess not a lot of people knew that the Chanel store had a makeup counter in the store so they didn't check there...

Anyways, it was a small fortune to buy it (almost $30 CAD with tax!), but it was well worth it. The colour is just gorgeous- an eggplant purple that changes colour in different lighting. It looks grayish taupe in the shade and then a shimmery purple in sunlight. I only need 2 coats and it dries super quick. I definitely want to check out other Chanel nail polishes in the future. My next quest is to track down Deborah Lippmann's Waking Up In Vegas* nail polish. That was sold out everywhere too. Lady Gaga was wearing that colour in the September '10 cover of Vanity Fair.

* I recently bought Waking Up In Vegas at Donato Salon. It's not as light as in the Vanity Fair cover, but still is a beautiful colour.



The perfect top coat that I found recently was Seche Vite's Dry Fast Top Coat. It dries instantly and it makes my Chanel nail polish last and last. If you don't have this already you MUST pick it up. I swear by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment