
emember how I mentioned I was going to show you what I was going to be doing for my sister's baby shower? Well, here are some shots of this past Saturday's baby shower that my younger sister and I threw for my twin sister's baby shower. It was a lot of hard work, but it turned out really nice. My younger sister keeps insisting that we should open a party planning business together, but I'm still hesitant to take the plunge.
 |
I designed these heart lollipop flowers to give out as favours for all the guests.
I had a pink, yellow, and orange colour scheme for the baby shower so I incorporated those
colours in these flowers. My expecting sister wrote personalized messages to each
individual guests in one of the petals. |
 |
I made labels for all the foods that we had made so that our guests would know what they were eating.
I propped them up with wooden clothes pins. |
 |
| A preview of some of the finger foods. |
 |
| I made these phyllo cups with lemon cream cheese,smoked salmon and chives on top. |
 |
| My younger sister made these sliders. Aren't they so cute? |
 |
| I also made these. These are endives with goat cheese, bacon, and homemade croutons. |
 |
| These are french baguettes drizzled with olive oil, bocconcini, basil, and cherry tomatoes. I loved these. |
 |
| My sister made these mini crab cakes and her homemade aioli. The aioli was delicious. |
 |
| Here's the table spread. |
 |
We had a dessert/candy station. We put candies in little sundae cups and I incorporated the colour scheme
of the party by using yellow, orange, and pink straws. |
 |
My sister loves to bake and she made these delicious mini vanilla cupcakes with
strawberry buttercream frosting. These were a huge hit. |
 |
Another view. We also had assorted sandwiches that my mom made, a fruit tray, and
an arugula salad with goat cheese, walnuts, dried cranberries with a rice wine vinaigrette. |
 |
| We hung my banner that I made on one wall. |
 |
I also hung doilies that I had painted in our colour scheme in place of streamers. I think it was much
more elegant. |
 |
| Here's another look at the favours. |
 |
| We also had more desserts by the living room where our guests were hanging out. |
 |
I bought these Pantone inspired cups for $2 each in our colour scheme and we stuffed it with goodies
as gift prizes at the shower. |
No comments:
Post a Comment