Sunday, November 14, 2010

Magic straight



My hair's been an absolute mess post baby. For all you female ladies out there who have yet to have a baby just be warned that your hair will go through all kinds of change when you're pregnant to after you have the baby. Three months after I had baby A I lost so much hair that I had bald patches. I have thick hair and lots of it so at first I was happy that my hair was falling out. I thought that my hair would be more manageable, but once I realized how much was falling off I started to worry. I had so much baby hair around my hair line that I didn't know what to do with it. Also, some of the hairs that grew back grew back really curly and wonky.

I've done all sorts of things to my hair in my 20s. I've had it dyed, cut in different lengths, and had it permed and straightened. I've been itching to do magic straight (which is the Korean version of the Japanese straightening treatment or the now popular Brazilian blowout), but I wanted to wait until all my baby hair grew out a bit. I finally decided to go ahead with it this weekend. It wasn't cheap- $200 to be exact, a far cry from the $100 I used to pay 10 years ago... However, it's totally worth it to me. My hair is extremely finicky and I don't have the time or patience to take care of it. I always envied girls who had shiny hair that they could do anything with and it would look amazing. Well, no more. I'm happy with how my hair is looking right now. It's so easy to wake up and not have to do anything to it. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment