Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our house- after pictures


So we still have a bit of work to do in our new house, but most of the stuff has been done. Please excuse the bad pictures that my camera takes.


First things first we painted our front door and garage a glossy black and changed the hardware to brass. We also spray painted the urns in a matte black because it was starting to rust. Doesn't it look 100x better?


What I loved about this house when we first saw it was the vestibule. I loved how open it was. I also put new frostings on the front door window.


This is the dining table that we ordered. They messed up on our banquette chairs so we should be getting that sometime next week.


The banquette seating will go by the wall and I will probably put some cushions on it.


So for the kitchen I would still love to change the countertop and put in a backsplash, but we are tight on cash right now. What we did right away was change the slide-in to a brand new Maytag slide-in. We also changed the old vent to a stainless steel vent.


We also had to get a new microwave. I love my new microwave.


View of our living room from the staircase.


I thought that our condo-sized furniture wouldn't look that great in our new house, but it actually turned out pretty well.


Even our condo-sized sofa worked well in the space. I thought for sure we would have to invest in a new couch.


I love my fake Saarinen breakfast table.


I'm also planning to prop the fireplace better when I have some free time. I would love to put a mirror over the mantle and add more frames.


This is Aidan's room. It was quite messy when I took these pictures because it was just after the baby shower. However, I love my Eames Rocker!


I also love the Netto Cub Change Table.


There's still so much I have to do to this room. I have to put shelving up and get a small table to put a lamp. I also need to put blinds and drapes up. Sigh...


The master bedroom. It is considerably larger than my condo so you can see that the space beside my bed is quite empty. I am planning to put a lounge chair in that area in the future.


Another angle.


This is the guest bedroom. Right now we just have an old mattress here. Once I have the baby I'll have time to decorate this room, I hope.


My office. This shot is bad because you can see all the cables.


My bookshelf in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment