
Fashion is about giving our own personal touch to the clothes we wear. However, some have a gift of putting pieces together that make an outfit look fabulous.
I have been thinking about this a lot lately due to the fact that I have a photo shoot coming up where I, myself, am the subject. I think I dress pretty safe. Don't get me wrong. I love fashion and shopping, but I tend to go for items that I know will never go out-of-style. I also like shopping in designer stores because I know that the clothes I buy will have that something extra.
However, seeing these random people that The Sartorialist captured on his website showed me that it doesn't really matter where you shop, it's also how the clothes show off each person's personality and flair.

Wearing all black doesn't have to be boring. I love how this woman has her hair slicked back into a neat bun and I love her killer brown shoes!

I recently fell in love with scarves. Can you believe I never wore one until last year? I think that they are the best accessory because there's just so many ways to wear it.
I love how this woman mixed-and-matched everything. I tend to shy away from wearing so many different colours, but somehow she managed to make it work. I just love that.

I was not born with a tall, willowy physique and I really do envy tall women. I love this women's dress- just how simple it is with a rock-and-roll vibe and her simple black flats. I just know I won't be able to pull this off.

She's like a vision in white with some serious attitude. I love how tailored everything is and how effortlessly cool she looks with her platinum blonde hair.

Here is another example of something you will never catch me wearing- hats.
Although I love how it looks on some people I just think I look silly.

I love her shoes. Are they Marni?

A classic beige maxi coat. I love her matching beige boots, her dark brown leather gloves and her dreamy expression.

I must purchase a pair of white skinny capris! I would like to also wear my Roger Vivier flats the way she pulled it off. Great inspiration.

What a great pose. I'm actually camera shy so seeing how she is standing with a slightly arched back (not the over-arched Paris Hilton pose- which I despise) with one leg slightly bent looks oh-so-cool.

Another example of mixing and matching. Converse shoes are so awesome!

Who would've thought that Russian hats can look this chic?


I love hats, I think I own like 15 cocktail and cloche hats...try it, they are fun and added your own flair to any wardrobe staple.
ReplyDelete