Thursday, June 19, 2008

I heart Paris

It's been almost a week since I got back from my honeymoon to France, but it feels like it has been longer.
Let me just say that it was an AMAZING trip. dk and I visited Paris, Nice, Monte Carlo and Cannes.
We saw lots, ate lots, and tanned lots.

Here are some highlights:

PARIS


Arc de Triomphe. Obviously a tourist trap.


The infamous Louis Vuitton store in Champs-Elysee.


The wide avenues of Champs-Elysee.


Walking along the Jardin des Tuileries. It was quite lovely.


Palais-Royal. I just love the striped Buren columns.


Notre-Dame de Paris.


Street performers at Ile Saint-Louis.


Pompidou Centre.


Sacre-Coeur up in Montmartre.


The wall of love, just outside the Abbesses Metro Station in the adjoining Square Jehan-Rictus. "I love you" is declared in 311 languages. How romantic.


Moulin-Rouge. In a seedy area. Not as glamourous as in the movie.


Inside the Louvre.


Tourists were enchanted with the Mona Lisa. I got a good look at it, but this is a cool shot on how crowded it was in that room.


The Winged Victory of Samothrace. Another masterpiece.


Eiffel Tower. So crazy busy here.

NICE


Just a totally different vibe from Paris. So laid-back.


The beach. Top optional.


Cours Saleya in the morning. It's an open market with amazing local produce/goods.


Beautiful fresh flowers in Cours Saleya.


Heirloom tomatoes.


Exotic spices.



Pebble beaches of Nice.

MONTE CARLO, MONACO


Outside of Monte Carlo Casino.


Just behind the Monte Carlo Casino is an amazing garden with exotic flowers and plants. This was one of them.


dk enjoying the view.


Cars, cars and more cars. I've never seen so many Bentleys, Maseratis and Mercedes in one place!

CANNES


Bienvenue a Cannes!


Some of the luxury boats that were docked.


Walking along the Croisette. There were blue chairs that were all along this street. The Croisette is where all the designer stores are: Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Gucci... just to name a few.


The sandy beaches of Cannes. Most of the beaches are privately owned by the hotels.


Looking toward the old town. We didn't have time to venture towards there, but I'm sure it is lovely.

I have tons more pictures, but I'm a little bummed. I accidentally changed the setting on my camera so most of the pictures came out a bit grainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment